Introduction and latest news on the project
The online Contract project does not purport to be anything other than a comprehensive 'guide' to this fascinating and complex subject and is not , obviously, a substitute for the leading texts. My favoured textbook is Ewan McKendrick's excellent book on Contract , and Chitty on Contracts is, of course, the definitive resource for practitioners.
1. What is a Contract
2. Intention to create legal relations
6. Promissory Estoppel
7. Terms of the Contract
8. Exclusion Clauses and the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977
9. Remedies for Breach of Contract
11. Product Liability
13. Illegality and Restraint of trade
14. Discharge of Contracts by Breach, agreement, Frustration
15. Waiver and Promissory Estoppel
16. Duress and Undue Influence
17. Key cases
The free online resource is complemented with a series of recorded lectures, case analyses, caselaw updates as new judgments are delivered, articles and law news on Contract issues.
I anticipate, at the current rate of progress, that the upgrade and the recording of 20 hours + of lectures will be complete by 20th August 2009....if not before.
6th August 2009